Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:26:40 GMT by
Hello everyone 07 Dec 2023 I made a tax Return for VAT refund. When I go to online transactions, as of today it says: Your repayment is delayed. Estimated repayment date has passed You do not need to do anything right now. We are working on repaying you as soon as possible. Now the interesting things start from now on. We are calling the HMRC VAT phone number, we could not connect to anyone for 2 hours and 43 minutes. When we used webchat, the person connecting to the webchat said, "We do not have any authority, we have forwarded your situation to the relevant team, they will call you", exactly 4 times. Days pass and no one calls, and it is impossible to reach the phone. While dreaming of life on Mars in 2024, it is impossible to make sense of this nonsense... What does it mean to keep people waiting for months? Are we in the 1940s? Very sad for HMRC, the team and system need an urgent overhaul. Admin, don't tell me to call "VAT Helpline on 0300 200 3700"! Please...
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 12:16:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 2 Response
Hi,

We are sorry to hear you are having issues with your VAT repayment.

Sometimes it may take longer than the standard 30 days to complete all the necessary checks before authorising and making a repayment.

We would advise you to contact our VAT team so we can check your account.

VAT: general enquiries

Phone lines are less busy between 8.30am and 11am.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 14:57:01 GMT by
46 days have passed, still no answer. It is impossible to connect to the phone..
Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 14:05:13 GMT by
Did you get an update? I submitted my return on the 1st and normally receive my repayment in 10/14 days however on this occasion it’s been sent for further checks. No one has got in touch and they keep advising it will be sorted by 30 days… totally ridiculous as it affects cash flow
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 12:23:43 GMT by
Repayment approved 02 Jan 2024 This will reach your repayment bank account in 3 workings days. Estimated repayment date has passed 01 Jan 2024 You do not need to do anything right now. We are working on repaying you as soon as possible. We have sent you a letter to explain that your repayment is delayed. Till now i havent received payment in my account
Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 19:21:40 GMT by
Any info on this repayment? Have same issue and no letter
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:14:05 GMT by Toshimi Akao
Hi, I am very curious about this result, as I have the same issue and I haven't received any letter from HMRC regarding VAT delay. In my case, my estimated payment date is 25 Nov 2023 but no answers, no repayment yet.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.