Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 22:56:09 GMT by
I trust this message finds you well. I am reaching out to urgently seek your assistance regarding an ongoing issue with my HMRC VAT Repayments. Unfortunately, I've encountered a persistent problem as my VAT Repayments have been stuck in pending status for the past few months due to an error in the bank account details. I've identified the issue – it appears that I mistakenly input my personal name instead of the business name for the bank details. Despite submitting the VAT484 form twice in the past months, there has been no change in the status. Understanding the critical nature of VAT Repayments, I am seeking your expertise to guide me through the necessary steps to rectify this situation. If there are additional forms or specific procedures that need to be addressed, please inform me promptly. Can I call somewhere to fix this issue? Best regards, Chris
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 15:37:21 GMT by Jay Cooke
You can change your bank details via your government gateway/ VAT portal. The VAT484 form may take a while to be processed (ie, weeks or maybe months). You cannot usually call HMRC and update bank details over the telephone, changes must either be in writing (VAT484 form) or done online via your gateway.
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 15:08:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Christiand,
If you initially used your personal name for the bank details then this should have been refused.
If you have since sent in a VAT 484 with the correct business name then this should have updated on our system.
It may be that the repayment is now sitting on your VAT account as a credit which we will need to release .
Please contact our Helpline so that we can look in to this and resolve for you.
VAT: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 02 Feb 2024 17:35:59 GMT by
I have tried to call but when I say "change back account details" the robot tells me to go online to change them and then hang up. Is there any specific phone number where I can call? Thanks
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 11:16:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Please contact our VAT team. We would recommend that you state you have a query about your VAT account, this should let you then negotiate the telephony system to reach an advisor.

VAT: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.