Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 07:22:58 GMT by Emma12
Hello, I am an accountant of a LTD company,which accounts for VAT on an accrual basis. My client sent me revenue invoices some time ago, the invoices were issued to a business partner from Poland, the invoices were for a supply of services and were accounted for on a reverse charge basis. The invoices were shown on the UK VAT return with a 0% rate. Recently, a client informed me that the invoices were sent to me by accident, they weren't sent to his Polish contractor and should not be included in the VAT return. The client wants to correct VAT returns but does not want to issue credit notes. Is it possible to correct the declaration without credit notes?
Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 12:19:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
Please see the guidance below:
Errors on invoices
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 08 May 2024 05:52:48 GMT by Emma12
Hello, in the guide you sent me, it is information what to do if the VAT amount on the invoice is wrong, but in the case I have described, the VAT amount is 0 and will not change. Please let me know if it is necessary to issue a credit note in the case I have described. Kind regards Edyta Bojarczuk
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 14:49:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi,

Please see the conditions for raising a credit note and the situations where a credit note is required:

VATREC13010 - Credit and Debit notes: What is the purpose of a credit and debit note?
VATREC13040 - Credit and Debit notes: What are the conditions of a valid credit note?

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.