Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 09:17:45 GMT by ANDRÉS GRASS SMITH
I am acting for a client, a Spanish company, that is doing work in UK territory. I have applied for the VAT number in April. They contacted us by email and asked for further information. As we did not get a timely response we have contacted them in June and then in July on the helpline asking for a reply. We have logged conversations, asking for call references and names. However, they have not processed the application yet, but confirm that it is still pending. Is there any way of getting a response quickly- so that they client can pay VAT due?
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 14:59:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
Please contact our Registrations Team by email for an update on your application:
vrs.newregistrations@hmrc.gov.uk
Thankyou.
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 09:29:18 GMT by ANDRÉS GRASS SMITH
This month, I have written to them on the following days: 17/7, 12/7, 11/7, 9/7, 4/7, 2/7, 1/7 and look forward to them replying to me. When I get to speak to the helpline, they give me a call reference and a name, and tell me that my application is still in process, but no reply has been received as yet.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 11:23:32 GMT by ANDRÉS GRASS SMITH
What appeared to be an AI bot replied today on "vrs.newregistrations@hmrc.gov.uk". The bot did not appear to recognise the reply of 6/6 and subsequent contacts- so I have written back and asked them what we should do with the application now. I have spoken to people in VAT who have given names and call references, but currently I still do not have a VAT number
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 14:51:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi.
I do apologise for the delays in processing your VAT registration application.
The Registration Team will respond to you with any further infomation they may require from you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.