Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: VAT application- time taken to answer

What appeared to be an AI bot replied today on "vrs.newregistrations@hmrc.gov.uk". The bot did not appear to recognise the reply of 6/6 and subsequent contacts- so I have written back and asked them what we should do with the application now. I have spoken to people in VAT who have given names and call references, but currently I still do not have a VAT number
  • RE: VAT application- time taken to answer

This month, I have written to them on the following days: 17/7, 12/7, 11/7, 9/7, 4/7, 2/7, 1/7 and look forward to them replying to me. When I get to speak to the helpline, they give me a call reference and a name, and tell me that my application is still in process, but no reply has been received as yet.
  • VAT application- time taken to answer

I am acting for a client, a Spanish company, that is doing work in UK territory. I have applied for the VAT number in April. They contacted us by email and asked for further information. As we did not get a timely response we have contacted them in June and then in July on the helpline asking for a reply. We have logged conversations, asking for call references and names. However, they have not processed the application yet, but confirm that it is still pending. Is there any way of getting a response quickly- so that they client can pay VAT due?