Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2024 19:25:50 GMT by KYLE COOK
Hi, I have received a vat penalty a 2 weeks ago, in regards to unpaid Vat I do have a investigator however, the penalty does not mention any XXW number, i have contacted HMRC several times by phone over the weeks, and every time no one knows anything, either place me on hold for another department or play the thank you for calling hmrc and call ends, or just cut me off. I have wasted hours calling up over 10 times, and spoke to around 20+ people, I have also contacted the investigator at hmrc who didnt reply for a week, then said he will contact me back, but nothing yet the penalty is due in two days, any ideas what reference number I should put or someone that actually knows something at hmrc who can help advise this number, its like they dont want you to pay them as no one can help or has any interest in finding someone who knows thanks
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2024 10:35:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 18 Response
Hi,

Apologies for the problems you are having.If you have had a late payment penalty for VAT then the penalty, VAT period, amount and reference should always show on our system..
If this is a VAT payment and you need to make the payment in the next couple of days then make the payment to the VAT bank account and quote your VAT number as the reference on the payment.This will then be allocated against your VAT account:

Pay your VAT bill

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.