Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2024 02:22:41 GMT by Stevie Kips
Dear HMRC Support, I recently submitted a VAT error correction application (VATError652) online, but did not receive any automated email response or acknowledgment confirming receipt of it being received. This lack of confirmation has left me concerned about whether the application was successfully submitted and is being processed. Could you please advise if there is any way to track the progress of my submission too, or confirm that it has been logged into the system? If not, how can I be certain that my application is being reviewed? This error correction and refund request is due to Amazon not collecting and remitting vat on sales under VOEC legislation, for NETP businesses since 2021. So we need to reclaim the vat paid directly, to send them, to repay it HMRC. However, they freeze all our income disbursements until this vat can be returned to them, which is why I am panicking to understand if this application is filed in the system, as the longer I go without any income the more I worry the business may fail due to outgoings/cash flow shortage. It is a deeply stressful period, and quite unethical. But all the timeframe now belongs with HMRC and I just can't believe there would be no way to know or follow progress on vat error refund request, so felt need to check. Thank you for your assistance.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2024 08:37:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi,
Please call our Helpline urgently so that we can look in to this:
VAT: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.