Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 03:34:03 GMT by
I have received cheque from HMRC but my business is based overseas so I would rather receive it through my bank account. My agent has already updated my account details on gov. uk but so far I received nothing. What should I do to claim this back?
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 15:08:12 GMT by Jay Cooke
There is a special form/process for refunds to go to an overseas bank account, you cannot add a foreign bank account to your government gateway, the gateway only accepts UK bank accounts.. Follow this link https://www.gov.uk/vat-repayments Scroll down to the section titled "Repayments to an overseas bank account", in that section there is a link which takes you to the government gateway login page, login and then follow the on screen process, the process also allows you to cancel the cheque you have already received and replace it with a refund to the overseas bank account. If your agent has already followed this process then your agent may need to contact HMRC to see what the delay/problem might be.
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 11:15:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Samuel Klarkson,
Please speak to our helpline so that we can open up your account, cancel the cheques and request a payment in to your overseas Bank.
Please see contacts below:
VAT: general enquiries
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.