Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: CDS Location Codes

I am being told that HMRC are doing another update this weekend regarding location codes so hopefully are situation will be resolved next week.
  • RE: CDS Location Codes

Currently the only location code I can see for Birkenhead is GBAUBRKLIVBRK. However this does not cover the berths we are situated at as we get an error trying to clear on CDS. At the minute we are still using CHIEF for Birkenhead however it is getting very close to 1ST OCT and if it is not sorted out soon we will not be able to clear anything...
  • CDS Location Codes

Not all port locations have been set up on CDS, as we are currently unable to clear inventory linked at Birkenhead port. I believe border force/destin8 are aware of this issue but it is getting very close to the deadline and we may need to request an extension on CHIEF if this will not be done.
  • VAT Group - EORI / CDS Question

Our company is VAT Group registered - all 3 companies have the same VAT number but different EORI numbers. We use one EORI number to process customs declarations as a customs agent and another EORI to import goods and pay import VAT/Duty. Can we register for CDS with both EORI numbers under the same government gateway account, or do we need a different account for each EORI? Appreciate any help on this matter.