Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Overseas Remote employee for a UK based employer

Hi, Thank you for your prompt reply re: my previous enquiry. I'd like to check with you about something else as well please. I've just been offered a second job by a different UK employer. I'm allowed to work from Bulgaria full time remotely this time. Given that I'll be working entirely from overseas, can I invoice instead of being treated as PAYE as an assistant accountant for a film production company? Many thanks,
  • RE: Overseas Remote employee for a UK based employer

Hi, I'm a Bulgarian resident who has a British passport and have been working remotely for a UK company since July. My employer applied for a S690 Direction as I will be working inside and outside of the UK. I can see the form has now been accepted on my personal online tax account and I'm currently receiving two payslips - one with tax deductions (PAYE only on the percentage of my earnings for my work in the UK) and another payslip has a NT tax code on it. I'm so relieved that this has been sorted and my UK taxes are now correct. However, please could you advise if/when HMRC reports my earnings to the Bulgarian authority or if I need to declare my income myself? Many thanks!