Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Mixed fund and money transfer of foreign bank account

Hi, Many thanks for your reply. And sorry that I just confirm on it. In my understanding, I only declare and pay tax on "interest", no need to declare and no need to pay tax on "capital" in coming tax return (5 April 2022) even I bring/transfer all money (mixed fund including interest and capital) from IOM bank into UK bank this tax year 2021-2022? Am I correct? Thanks again for great help.

Thank you again for your information. Is it only declare "interest" and do not need to declare "capital" in tax return on 5 April 2022 even I transfer all money (including interest and capital) from IOM account into UK bank account in tax year 2021-2022? Thanks a lot.
  • Declare income of self-assessment return

Hi, I have question about declare income. Because my parents transfer money as a gift and I also received the refund from the company in Hong Kong send to my foreign bank account, should I need to declare as foreign income? And I have the Mandatory Provident Fund in Hong Kong but I can’t take any money from this account, therefore the money remains in Hong Kong. Do I need to declare in self-assessment return in terms of foreign income (Pension part)? Thanks for advise.

Thank you for your reply. and just follow up. Do I also need to declare "capital" in self assessment? Thanks for advise again.
  • Mixed fund and money transfer of foreign bank account

I have question about income tax. I have saving account in Isle of man, and already deposited money (only capital) into this account before I become UK resident. And earned some interest when I am UK resident. Is it clarify as mixed fund? Do I need to cleanse the mixed fund if my bank account statement which can identify “interest” and “capital” part? If I transfer/bring money (included capital and earned interest) from Isle of man saving account to UK bank account after I become UK resident (i.e stay over 183 days). Is it only pay tax on earned interest? And no need to pay tax in my capital part? Do I need to register for self-assessment to declare “interest” part if I earn interest from my oversea saving account? Thanks for advise.