Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • BNO Visa - Foreign Income from Poperty

    Hi, I am currently a BNO visa holder. If I have foreign income from property that I own. is it correct that I still have to have the self assessment tax return to declare the income but can claim back the amount of tax that is already paid in Hong Kong? Thanks
  • RE: Student holding BNO visa: reporting and paying foreign tax?

    Hi, I am currently a full-time student, switching from student visa to BNO visa recently in Mar. Will I have to declare all my foreign income if I have got any, please? Thank you
  • Foreign Income for BNO visa holders

    Hello, I have got a few questions regarding foreign income for BNO visa holders: * How does changes to the taxation of non-UK domiciled individuals affect BNO visa holders? I was on student visa for the past 8 years and recently switched to BNO visa in Mar. Will I be qualified under the 4-year foreign income and gains (FIG) regime for individuals who become UK tax resident after a period of 10 tax years of non-UK residence? * Do I have to declare all my foreign income, including rent from overseas property, dividends and interests? *Is it right that I can claim for remittance basis for those income before the new policy is implemented in Apr 2025? But I will lose personal tax allowance and capital gains tax