Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 03 Jun 2024 21:20:44 GMT by TC
Hello, I have got a few questions regarding foreign income for BNO visa holders: * How does changes to the taxation of non-UK domiciled individuals affect BNO visa holders? I was on student visa for the past 8 years and recently switched to BNO visa in Mar. Will I be qualified under the 4-year foreign income and gains (FIG) regime for individuals who become UK tax resident after a period of 10 tax years of non-UK residence? * Do I have to declare all my foreign income, including rent from overseas property, dividends and interests? *Is it right that I can claim for remittance basis for those income before the new policy is implemented in Apr 2025? But I will lose personal tax allowance and capital gains tax
Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 15:56:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi 
Detail on the Government’s intended changes to the rules for non-domiciled individuals set out here Technical note: Changes to the taxation of non-UK domiciled individuals.   
HMRC is unable to provide any further detail on how these changes will apply to an individual’s personal circumstances at this time.  
Policy Is still being written and may change. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.