Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Online Access

As there's no forum for Technical issues, and I am an employee, I'll ask here. Every time I try to log in to the system, I am getting refused and locked out. Name: Correct DOB: Correct. NI Number: Correct. Gateway ID: Correct. Your system STILL keeps saying my details are wrong. Why is this? Please don't reply with the stock "you cannot use this service" I am a UK citizen, born here, never worked outside the UK. Surely, I have the same right of access as everyone else? If not, then surely, that would be discrimination? If banks can use standard Two Factor Authentication, why cant HMRC? Why do I have to jump through hoops of flames, just to get burned and not get to where I need to go?
  • Sole Trader/Business Trading Name

OK, a little background first. I plan on setting up a new business as sole trader, but need to have confirmation that I trade under a business name to be able to get the Merchant Account I need for online payments. When I register as Sole Trader using a business name, is the business name shown on the HMRC confirmation letter sent once I register? I am aware that HRC does not actually register a formal business name for me. I mean along the lines of "[personal name] trading as [business name]" as opposed to a registered Ltd Company.