Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: vat repayment

HMRCADMIN 25 - I suggest that you refer these issues to the complaints department as the replies are not of much help when HMRC are constantly making errors resulting in delays as my case was only resolved after I insisted on making a complaint as HMRC had exceeded the 30 days. Once the complaint was made, 2 days later I got a reply from somebody who knew what they were doing and could see HMRC had coded my request imcorrectly causing the delay. Thankfully, she knew what she was doing and resolved the issue in 24 hours
  • RE: vat repayment

I have now been waiting for 4 weeks for HMRC to contact me regarding the VAT repayment, which is the first one set up under the VAT registration. I have spoken to three different people on the call centre and not one has managed to tell me why the VAT repayment hasn't been made and when it is going to be looked at. Complaints have been made and nobody ever calls back with any reason as to what is outstanding and when the repayment is going to be processed. who can I speak to that is a manager that can track down who is the person or department supposed to be looking at the repayment? I need answers and need to stop being fobbed off as the service from HMRC's VAT team is appalling.