Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Box 6 or not

Thank you
  • Box 6 or not

As a video production company we arrange productions for number of US based production companies. 
We invoice our clients at their offices which are in the US.
 They remit in Sterling to our UK bank account When the actual productions take place in the UK client representatives (directors, producers etc) fly in from the US and are present on set when filming takes place.
 Once the job is wrapped the footage - digital files on computer hard drives - is taken back to the US by our clients where all editing and post-production takes place. It is my understanding that this is a service which is OUTSIDE THE SCOPE of VAT 
but the nub of my question is:
 should sales totals arising from these productions be included in BOX 6 of a VAT return?
  • RE: needing to access previous submitted CT600 Corp Tax Returns

" If you submitted the Company Tax Returns yourself using the HMRC's online filing service then you would have been given the opportunity to save a downloaded copy of the return at the time of submission, if you have not done this then you will not be unable to access a copy of the return online" We did this ourselves and downloaded a copy when complete. I am currently unable to locate this copy on my system. Please could you tell me where the link is on: https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/ Thank you