Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • ISA Investment whilst non resident

    Hi, I went on holiday in March, and shortly after the start of this tax year made an investment into a stocks and shares ISA. I am still abroad and am now unlikely to return to the UK. What should I do? Leave it until I am told to do otherwise, withdraw the investment plus any gains. Are there any forms to fill in? Thanks.
  • National Insurance and pension qualifying years whilst non resident

    Hi, I will be spending the next 4 years travelling around the world without staying in any one place long enough to become resident there. Having no ties to the UK will become non resident when I leave. I will continue to be paid £1,000 per month by my UK employer. I am struggling to find out if I will continue to build up qualifying years towards my pension. Please can you advise? If not, am I obligated to inform HMRC that I will be abroad as I will be beneath the tax threshold anyway, and if I did not tell anyone would continue to accrue qualifying years anyway.