Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 09 Sep 2023 08:20:27 GMT by adrenalin
Hi, I went on holiday in March, and shortly after the start of this tax year made an investment into a stocks and shares ISA. I am still abroad and am now unlikely to return to the UK. What should I do? Leave it until I am told to do otherwise, withdraw the investment plus any gains. Are there any forms to fill in? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 12:48:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Non UK residents cannot normally open an ISA. Expats may be able to keep their ISA, but they cannot add any more funds to it or open a new one, as long as they are not resident in the UK. We cannot advise you with regards what to do with your existing ISA. You may need to speak to an financial adviser.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.