Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Do I need to declare my bank interest along with my freelance earning?

Hi, I'm aware that I will need to fill out a self-assessment tax return form for freelance work. But do I also need to declare my bank interest as well (if the interest is higher than the £1000 allowance)? Because I would assume that for bank interest, the bank will notify HMRC automatically already, so will it be redundant for me to mention this again in the return form? Thank you
  • Remote job with an international organisation in the Netherland while working full time in UK

Hi, I'm currently working full-time in the UK on a Global Talent Visa. I was offered a small part-time job working remotely as a social media manager for an international organisation based in the Netherland. The job has no fixed time but rather they will pay an hourly rate. Each month I just sum up how many hours I have done, and they will pay me accordingly. I don't expect to earn more than £100 or so per month and this job does not interfere with my current job. I have not accepted their offer nor signed any contract yet because I'm unsure whether this has any tax implications in the UK? And if it does, how is the tax calculated or processed? Could you please give me some advice on this? Thank you
  • Online banking Saving account

Hi, I have some savings in an online bank (They are entirely online and don't have a branch but are very popular and trustworthy in the UK). I notice that with the increase in saving interest, my saving amount will exceed £1000 limit in a tax year. I'm just wondering whether I will need to fill in a self-assessment tax return form or will HMRC will be automatically notified by the bank? If there is anything that needs to be done on my part, please also advise me. Thank you