Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Cheque sent to Haytch accountants

HMRC Admin 20 Response We have written as advised a number of times, another letter was sent approximately 6-8 weeks ago to Income Tax General Enquiries. It was also marked as a complaint on the envelope and in the body of the letter, in relation to the tax rebate being sent to Haytch Accountants. We have not received a response, we are almost a year in from initially raising this issue… Why have we not had this issue resolved? What can we do to esculate this complaint? Advice would be appreciated.

HMRC admin 21, we have written and phoned a number of times and we are no further forward. The last customer service adviser stated that the R40 form covers both, income tax deducted from savings and investments and tax rebates… We sent another letter approximately 2 weeks ago relating to this matter and haven’t as yet heard back. Please could you look into this matter on my sons behalf.

The form my son signed was an R40 (to claim a refund of income tax deducted from saving and investments) my mistake in my earlier posts where I referred to it as an R85. However, HMRC sent his tax rebate from his earnings as an employee to HAYTCH Accountants, my son has not signed any documents permitting HMRC to do this. We have written to HMRC and raised this, the response did not address this issue, so we have written again…

Update on Haytch… HMRC sent us a copy of the document my son signed, it was an R85 form, an R85 form is for reclaiming interest on savings and investments NOT for claiming an income tax rebate… So we’ve now written to HMRC. Incidentally and interestingly , my son does not have any savings or investments, yet the form has been pre-filled with fictitious figures, purporting to be sums of money liable for reclaiming…

Update, nothing received from Haytch, no email with evidence… HMRC advised us they would cancel cheque and send the funds to my sons account. My son contacted HMRC as nothing has been credited, they have now said, the cheque has been cashed by Haytch, so we are back to square one, it appears HMRC are no longer going to honour their original decision to refund… Guess we will be back on the phone to them today…

I have just spoken to HMRC, very helpful, they are cancelling the cheque to Haytch and will send rebate directly to my sons account. Their guidance was to write to Haytch and ask to be de-registered and confirm in writing to HMRC the aforementioned. I hope this is helpful for others in this situation.

Same story here, I did finally get through to Haytch, we have no idea how they became involved. They said we must have signed up on a website or something of that nature, or maybe social media. I asked for the website and copies of the documents, which apparently they don’t have access to… Of which I said that this can’t possibly be the case and we required our full rebate, they were going to take about 48% of the rebate. She then upped the amount they would refund, we declined and remained firm that we hadn’t engaged them and would report this as fraud. Apparently the boss, was off sick, so I couldn’t speak to her directly, it was a shambles trying to get information from Haytch. I am struggling to get through to HMRC as we want this company removed as a third party, has anybody else managed to have an accountant removed in relation to this matter? Aside from this, if my son did sign anything he would have been under 18 years of age at the time, so I’m not sure if that bares any relevance.