Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 10 Jul 2023 18:24:38 GMT by
I have had a message saying I'm due a refund and a cheque has been sent to Haytch accountants. This was the end of May. Why would it go to an accountants before I got it transferred straight into my bank?
Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 16:46:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
It would go to them if we received a nomination for them to receive the repayment.
Thankyou.
Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 15:32:02 GMT by Muhammad Salam
Hi I have received a message saying my refund has gone to Haytch accountants, I have never asked them to act for me I have asked them to show me records of where I signed up and there is no reply is there anyway to cancel the cheque and get it sent out to me
Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 16:52:04 GMT by
I want to see this nomination because I've never heard of them. It's clearly a scam, from the amount of the same issues on this forum I think you should be stopping these 3rd parties being able to take our money. The cheque should automatically come to us! It's been nearly 2 months and I haven't had any communication of Haytch accountants!
Posted Tue, 18 Jul 2023 12:19:18 GMT by Muhammad Salam
You can't get through to them last year I received direct payment from HMRC why this year has it been sent to Haytch accountants can the payment be blocked and sent to the correct people please
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:15:06 GMT by
My Dad received this letter. It feels like a scam but there was a shocking amount of personal information in the letter that was correct. Including a full breakdown of his earnings from him pension and a part time job. Anyone had this letter and has anyone every actually been able to speak to anybody at Haytch?
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 09:24:22 GMT by
I've tried ringing but says your 10th in the queue forever. I've not had a letter or any form of contact.
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 11:52:55 GMT by Lamprey Smith
Same story here, I did finally get through to Haytch, we have no idea how they became involved. They said we must have signed up on a website or something of that nature, or maybe social media. I asked for the website and copies of the documents, which apparently they don’t have access to… Of which I said that this can’t possibly be the case and we required our full rebate, they were going to take about 48% of the rebate. She then upped the amount they would refund, we declined and remained firm that we hadn’t engaged them and would report this as fraud. Apparently the boss, was off sick, so I couldn’t speak to her directly, it was a shambles trying to get information from Haytch. I am struggling to get through to HMRC as we want this company removed as a third party, has anybody else managed to have an accountant removed in relation to this matter? Aside from this, if my son did sign anything he would have been under 18 years of age at the time, so I’m not sure if that bares any relevance.
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 14:23:05 GMT by Lamprey Smith
I have just spoken to HMRC, very helpful, they are cancelling the cheque to Haytch and will send rebate directly to my sons account. Their guidance was to write to Haytch and ask to be de-registered and confirm in writing to HMRC the aforementioned. I hope this is helpful for others in this situation.
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 19:13:06 GMT by
@lambrey Smith did you get the full money in the end or are you still waiting? Should I ring them?
Posted Mon, 24 Jul 2023 13:55:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Muhammad Salam,

You will need to contact our Income Tax team again.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 10:27:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi msalam786y,
If a repayment has been sent to them, HMRC will have received a document authorising this.
If you can't recall agreeing to this contact our Income Tax department and we can advise further:
Thank you. 

Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 14:20:16 GMT by
I have had a P800 stating I am due a tax refund. It further states the cheque has been sent to "Claim My Tax Limited". I have no knowledge of this company and don't recall signing a Deed of Assignment. When I contact them they have promised to transfer the money but it has never arrived - I have been waiting 4 weeks. How can i find out if they are legimate and how they have been approved to receive this cheque?
Posted Thu, 03 Aug 2023 15:45:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Nick Fowler,

If you contact our Income Tax department we can send you a copy of the document we received. Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 06:08:43 GMT by Lamprey Smith
Update, nothing received from Haytch, no email with evidence… HMRC advised us they would cancel cheque and send the funds to my sons account. My son contacted HMRC as nothing has been credited, they have now said, the cheque has been cashed by Haytch, so we are back to square one, it appears HMRC are no longer going to honour their original decision to refund… Guess we will be back on the phone to them today…
Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 13:34:59 GMT by
What specifically is the documentation that HMRC would have received here if this is the reason for this? This feels pretty clear that there is some form of fraud happening here. My Dad has certainly never written to HMRC nor authorised anybody to handle his affairs on his behalf nor to nominate any business as a beneficiary of any potential tax refunds. HMRC need to do more here if this is happening wide scale and people hare having monies stolen. What is the form or document that relates to this please? Also why is it so difficult to get through to somebody at HMRC to discuss? My Dad spent over 50 minutes on hold being passed about all over the place only to be finally disconnected.
Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 15:28:24 GMT by
After 3 phones each one waiting an hour to get through to Haytch they told me I had to upload my ID through a link on an email. Which I did, I received 50% of my money a day later! All I can say is lesson learnt! Daylight robbery. I have emailed HMRC to remove them off my account but not had confirmation that this has been done!
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 08:21:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi engsnayl,
Our helplines are very busy at the moment, HMRC will have received a document with a signature authorising the repayment to go to the 3rd party.
We can send out a copy of the document.
He should also speak with the company to query the process:
Thank you. 
Posted Mon, 11 Sep 2023 17:34:37 GMT by
My husband has been waiting months for his tax rebate. He is 81 years old with very poor eyesight thus why I am writing on his behalf. We have contacted them by email but have not had the courtesy of a reply. I want to know who authorised this company to deal with my husband's tax affairs. I have been fighting with another accountancy that took a whopping 48% of another rebate my husband was owed. It's a despicable money grabbing scam that needs to be stopped.
Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:54:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you contact our Income Tax team we will be able to advise further regarding this.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.