Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Cashback Is Tax due ?

I am sorry that does not help me much, this is cashback on purchases it is not an annual payment I only receive cashback if I buy an item via a cashback website, I don't have to subscribe or pay a fee to cashback website I just get cashback if I purchase item through the website. They are on off transactions. As for the mortgage cash back if I take out the mortgage and complete that is a one off payment. Please can you advise on these exact scenarios ? In the list of example they are closest to example 3 which says not annual payments as payment only received if further purchases made https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/savings-and-investment-manual/saim8050 Thankyou
  • Cashback Is Tax due ?

Hello I am self employed and do online self assessment, please can you answer the following in regards to is tax due is this reported as income ? Cashback on buying items using a site like topcashback ? Cashback on ISA contributions ( Just found out that any ISA payments I make this tax year I can get 1% cashback which goes into general account ) Cashback on mortgage am buying a property and have had a mortgage offer which includes cashback when I complete the purchase ( the cashback is not reason for choosing the mortgage the advisor just recommended that product ) For the 1st case looking about £50 a year cashback the 2nd probably be about £10 this financial year and the last is £250 Thankyou for your help
  • RE: Higher Rate Tax Relief On Pension Contributions

Hi Ok thank you, regarding income for tax relief ? does this mean just the business profit or does it also include any income from interest over the personal savings allowance ? added onto the business profit ? thank you
  • RE: Selling online

Hello I am registered self employed nothing to do with ebay sales but I have items i want to sell ( have not sold anything yet ) some over 5 years old bought by ex partner who is now deceased no receipts so if I sell any of these items which I have used or had in a wardrobe do i include them on my tax return as I don't have a trading allowance as am self employed use expenses ? If I do have to include them on the tax return ( I think they may turnover £300 to £400 if lucky ) do I then have to list these sales as a separate business as my business is not online ebay sales ? thank you

Hello Ok thank you is the additional relief on the amount I have profit over £50,270 so in this case additional relief on £9730 ? Thankyou

Thankyou does this mean I get additional tax relief on £9730 ( 60,000 minus 50,270 ) ? So of the 12,500 there is additional relief on 9730 How does this additional tax relief work ? Does it come off my bill or is refunded ?
  • Higher Rate Tax Relief On Pension Contributions

Hello When claiming back higher rate tax relief on pension contributions for self assessment do I put in the net contributions or the gross contributions ( total including tax relief at basic rate ) ? Example I have income of 60,000 self employed profit I added 10,000 to my pension and it was topped up by 2500 ( basic relief ) Do I add 10,000 to work out the tax relief or 12,500 ? Do I get the higher rate tax relief on the 10,000 as this is the higher rate amount ? Thankyou
  • RE: Tax Relief On SIPP

Hi It is not my own contributions I am confused about it is the added tax relief which pension scheme says takes 8 weeks to be added it is currently pending my own contribution cleared within a day. I would like to know if I contribute in february and march of a financial year as I have to wait 8 weeks for tax relief to be added do I include it on my tax return as the gross contribution when it is actually added even though it may be in the next financial year or do I include it if it is pending ? ie I add £100 in february and £100 in march I am due £50 tax relief but it is not in my account until the next financial year ( takes 8 weeks to receive from hmrc ) are my gross contributions £250 for the tax year or £200 and the £50 tax relief added when received in the next financial year Thanks
  • Tax Relief On SIPP

Hello I am self employed and have just opened a SIPP it is my first pension ever, I put £100 in and it says £25 tax relief which is pending it takes 8 weeks to be added. I know that when I do my tax return I have to enter the gross total for the financial year ( including tax relief and what I have added myself ) If I add money in February, March or 1st few days of April before end of tax year I will see the tax relief as pending in my account but it will not have actually been received. When I do my tax return do I include the pending tax relief or do I only include tax relief actually received as it takes 8 weeks to receive my provider states. If I do not include the pending amount do I include it when it is received the following financial year ? Thankyou I find pensions hard to understand so have only just opened one