Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Requested the A1 form to HMRC

Thanks @hmrc admin 19 for your original reply. My A1 from came within 5 weeks, which was a pleasant surprise given the expectation was 13 weeks. However, I had expected it to arrive with my S1 form. There is a misleading piece of text on this website which says: HMRC will consider whether you qualify for UK funded healthcare, and if you do, HMRC will also issue you with a healthcare entitlement certificate (also known as S1). https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-for-a-certificate-or-document-if-self-employed-in-the-eu-eea-or-switzerland-ca3837 This is not the case- you have to apply separately as I found out to my chagrin. Please could you remove this confusing text from the website? I’ve now been waiting 5 weeks for my S1 form and am very much hoping that it will similarly be quicker than the stated expected date (1st May ), but hard to know what’s actually going on.
  • RE: Requested the A1 form to HMRC

Hi, My employer has applied for CA3821 so that I can work from Spain. I've also made the application for CA3822, a few days later. I wanted to check a few things- very grateful for any answers: 1. Assuming that the CA3821 is processed a few days before my CA3822, they should be able to see my company is eligible when processing my application? will this work?2 2. My timescales are tight- is there any way of paying to expedite processing? 3. Will my application be rejected if I ask for 24 months, as suggested by someone above? I thought 24 months was the limit, so I put that. If not, please could you let me know the limit? 4. If I submit another application form now, with a lower number of months, will that invalidate my first application? 5. If my first application is rejected, would I require ANOTHER 12 weeks for a re-submitted application to be processed? 6. Are there any plans in place to expedite the process overall and get through the backlog? Many many thanks in advance for any help.