Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Registering as self-employed (already in self-assessment)

Thank you for your response. I did look at that link but the website says the following: Re-register online (form CWF1) for Self Assessment and Class 2 National Insurance if you’ve filed a return before, but did not file one last year. A tax return was filed last year and one has been issued for 21-22 too, regardless of the self employment. Is this still applicable? Thank you
  • Registering as self-employed (already in self-assessment)

Which (if any) forms need to be completed if an individual commences self-employment but they are already completing tax returns for the year. The self-employment will be entered onto the tax return but is there anything that needs to be registered for National Insurance purposes?
  • RE: Scottish taxpayer

Thank you for your response however I am not sure that any of the options in that link relate to the situation. The address is correct and doesn't need changing.
  • Scottish taxpayer

The 2020-21 tax return has been amended by HMRC from the Scottish rate of income tax to the England and Northern Ireland rate with the comment 'I have corrected your Self Assessment for your Income Tax Residency status in line with information we hold'. I have had a Scottish address for the entire tax year (which has always been up to date with HMRC) and would like to know what I should have done to update my record with HMRC correctly.