Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Closing self employment and moving to Spain

    Thank you for your reply. I do qualify for split year treatment - Case 1. How do i apply for this? Just as part of my 22/23 self assessment in April? Or do i need to apply before i leave for Spain? I'll be leaving next week Thanks
  • Closing self employment and moving to Spain

    Hello can anyone help me with this? I have been self employed from April this year but i am now closing my self employment and going to live/work in Spain from January. I have completed the "closing self employment" online form, and i know i will still need to submit a self-assessment in April and declare the date i ended self employment, however will i need to include income i make in Spain? Do i need to tell HMRC i am moving abroad? Any help will be much appreciated