Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 19:23:05 GMT by Carol1990
Hello, I am self employed but my earning are under the lower earning threshold, I also earn £400 a month from employment so I don’t pay any national insurance. I would like to pay voluntary class 2 contributions. How do I go. About doing this? Is this done on my self assessment? Thank you
Posted Thu, 12 Oct 2023 08:11:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Carol 1990,

As long as your NI record is correctly noted that you are self employed, the option to pay Class 2 NICs on a voluntary basis is selected by ticking the relevant box on the ‘income from self employment’ page of the tax return.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.