Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Paid Voluntary NI contributions - How long is updating of the online NI records taking?

I have lived in Australia for 20 years but have ensured my NI contributions are up to date ie up to Apr 23. On 6 Apr 24 I received a letter from HMRC stating that for my voluntary Class 2 NI contributions from 09/04/2023 to 06/04/2024 the amount due is £179.40. On 8 Apr 24 I paid by internet banking the sum of £179.40 to the correct sort code and account number plus the correct reference. As for previous contributions, I paid into the account name "HMRC NIC Receipts". However, the HMRC letter stated that the account name was now "GBS Re NICO Receipts HMRC". The sort code, account number and reference had not changed from my previous contributions. My (UK) bank records indicate that my payment on 8 Apr 24 was successfully made into account name "HMRC NIC Receipts". It is now over 14 weeks since I made the payment. But my NI record for 2023-24 still states "Your record for this year is not available yet". I have written to the "National Insurance contributions and Employer Office" at BX9 1AN explaining the above but have not heard back. Is there anything else I should do?