Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Repayment Pending

I now have a repayment pending for three months. Is this normal these days?
  • RE: Credit Transfer Out

Thank you
  • Credit Transfer Out

In May 2023 I submitted my return for the 2023 tax-year which showed a substantial overpayment. This shows as a “Credit Transfer Out on August 7th “. I have tried Requesting a Repayment, but I’m told: "Your Self Assessment records show you have no amounts available for repayment." How do I get round this and claim my repayment as normal please?
  • Repayment Pending

It's over three months that I have had to wait while "security checks" are carried out. I've been subject to security checks in the past (and passed with flying colours), but that was done by mail. There's something wrong here. Security checks can be spun out indefinitely. HMRC should pay, and if they do find something, they can charge us.
  • RE: BANK REPAYMENT PENDING

I managed to get on to Webchat after a few weeks - glory be! My adviser was quite adamant that "bank repayment pending", which was the message I had been receiving for many weeks. simply meant that security checks were being done, and the delay was quite normal in these Covid times. Is there anything else ~I can do.