Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: How Do I Submit an "Enterprise Investment Scheme Claim Form" (EIS3 Claim Form),

Hi HMTC Admin 10, Thank you for that update and I arrange to post the EIS3 form to you at the suppler address. As I will need to tick the box for “I wish relief to be allowed in my PAYE coding” for the year ended 5 April 2023", and my 2022-23 is currently "completed", does that mean HMRC will have to rebate the overpaid tax - as it to late now for a tax code change for 2022-23 to make a difference? Thanks again
  • RE: Online Personal Tax Account - and Charity Donations Data

Thank you "HMRC Admin 19" for that update. :>)
  • How Do I Submit an "Enterprise Investment Scheme Claim Form" (EIS3 Claim Form),

Hi HMRC, I have found an Enterprise Investment Scheme Compliance Certificate (EIS3) dated 01 March 2023 that I need to submit to HMRC to get the tax relief on circa £2000 of investment income. My 2022-23 tax year is currently all paid up now with no tax owning. (In fact, earlier on I had to pay in some extra tax as indicated on an October 2023 P800 form). I am just a PAYE tax payer not under self-assessment. 1. If I complete the “Enterprise Investment Scheme Claim Form” (EIS3 Claim Form), as a non-self-assessment person is there an HMRC address I can just send the form into WITHOUT having enter self-assessment? 2. I will be filling in the section for “I wish relief to be allowed in my PAYE coding” for the year ended 5 April 2023. As we so near to the end of the 2023-24, what year will the tax relief to allowed on? Thanks
  • RE: P800 Tax Due - How to pay

Update:- The Cheque that I posted in to clear the P800 outstanding 2022-23 tax has now successfully credited to the correct tax year, and is visible in my online personal tax account. So that was completed quicker than expected :>)

Hi Katie, I wanted to pay the money quoted in P800, rather to have my tax code lowered in the next tax year to reclaim the underpaid tax. (The P800 calculation was correct) – so that element was down to my personal choice. My guess is that if you do not the underpaid tax as indicated in the P800, at some point HMRC will lower your tax code to enable them to reclaim any underpaid tax. So I: - As per this post and the advice from HMRC, I paid the outstanding tax for the 2022-23 tax year by cheque with a covering letter with all my details and the tax year the money should be credited too. (2022-23). The cheque was successfully cleared, so good so far. Unfortunately, even after the cheque had been cleared for circa 3 weeks, no credit appeared to have been made to my personal tax account :>( Had to make another call to the HMRC, where I was told the money had been credited into the “wrong system”. The HMRC customer services staff member, who seems very pleasant, said she would put a request through to Revenue Accounts team to have the money moved from the “wrong system” into my “correct”2022-23 tax year. The estimated completion date of that task is circa 15 Jan so I will see if that estimate stands up to reality. Now another strange thing about the HMRC personal tax account system. While I was the phone, and the as the customer service team member was accessing my account – the mere accessing of my account from the HMRC end caused my personal tax account to NOW display the underpaid tax for the 2022-23 tax year and that figure now agreed with the P800. The online payment option also now become available. (Not that I want to pay for a second time!) If only the HRMC system had said that in the first place. Hopefully HMRC was improve the correlation of the P800’s and the data in the personal tax accounts in future versions. Thanks
  • Online Personal Tax Account - and Charity Donations Data

Hi There, I have just slipped into the higher 40% tax bracket. At the moment I do not complete a “Self-Assessment Tax Return”. I have made a number of small charity donations which include Gift Aid. The HMRC guidance says:- If you do not do a “Self-Assessment Tax Return”, contact HMRC to tell them about your charity donations. Is there any way I just add the details of any charity donation with Gift Aid to my Online Personal Tax Account? If yes – where would I do that. I can see where to add a missing employer, pension, investment or other income sources – but not obvious to me where I can do this? Thanks

Thank you “HMRC Admin 31” for that update. The underpayment is indeed for the 2022/23 tax year. Strangely my Personal Tax Account still says: - “You paid the right amount of Income Tax for 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023”. Why is there a mismatch between the P800 and my personal tax account? Should they be displayed the same data? Best Wishes

Thank you “HMRC Admin 32” for that update. I can now follow your advice on how to pay this outstanding tax by cheque. I suppose my only remaining query is why the P800 says: - ”Or you can pay the tax you own now online through your Personal Tax Account” Is that a mistake on the form? It would so much easier to have a ability to just pay this outstanding online via my Personal Tax Account Best Wishes
  • P800 Tax Due - How to pay

Hi, I have just got a P800 statement and own circa £900 tax for the 2022/23 tax year. The calculation looks correct. Rather than have my tax code adjusted, I want to pay the tax due. The P800 says ”Or you can pay the tax you own now online through your Personal Tax Account” However, when I go onto my Personal Tax Account to pay it say “You paid the right amount of Income Tax for 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023” When I spoke to the IR customer help line, I was told the only way I can pay this tax due is to send in a letter together with a cheque for payment. Is this right?