Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: UK resident, is Udemy foreign income?

Do i need to record the income from youtube as a separate self employment business and the income from udemy also as a separate one. Thanks
  • RE: Self assessment - Foreign Income?

Hi, thank you for the replay. I did not pay any overseas taxes. So even though Udemy is US based company and I am getting payments in USD dollars I don't have to declare them as a foreign income because i did not pay any overseas taxes. For youtube is the same. About converting the us dollars to pounds. What rate should I use? Because I was getting monthly payments in paypal and from there i automatically exchange them to pounds and straight to my uk bank account? Can I use that same amount to declare or it has to be used the exchange rate at the time or completing the self assessment form. Thanks, I hope you understand what i mean
  • UK resident, is Udemy foreign income?

Hi everyone, I am in the process of registering as self employed. Once I get my utr number and my p60 (i am also part time employee) I will start filling my self assessment tax return. My questions are: 1. How to declare my income from Udemy? I am selling online courses there, but I am getting paid in US dollars in my paypal and from there i transfer them in pounds to my bank account. 2. Also I am getting paid from youtube from google ireland, I presume it is a UK income, because Ireland is part of the UK, so no need to be included as a foreign income. Thanks Thanks in advance
  • Self assessment - Foreign Income?

Hi everyone, I am in the process of registering as self employed. Once i get my utr number and my p60 (i am also part time employee) i will start filling my self assessment tax return. My questions are: 1. How to declare my income from Udemy? I am selling online courses there, but i am getting paid in US dollars in my paypal and from there i transfer them in pounds to my bank account. 2. Also i am getting paid from youtube from google ireland, I presume it is a UK income, because Ireland is part of the UK, so no need to be included as a foreign income. Thanks Thanks in advance