Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Tax Calculation 22-23 - Why no refund?

Hi HMRC Admin My self assessment was submitted on 22 May 2023 View calculation states I am due a refund but my tax account says nothing to pay and request a refund states no refund is due? Please explain Thanks
  • Tax Calculation 22-23 - Why no refund?

My calculation section on the HMRC account says: ''Total tax repayable to you for 2022-23 [£X,XXX.XX] HM Revenue and Customs will add this amount to your Self Assessment statement of account. It doesn't include any 2022 to 2023 payments on account you may have made or any other amounts outstanding. To help you to decide how much, if anything, to pay by the due date, check your Self Assessment account and use the information above until it transfers over.'' On the other hand, the Tax year overview section (for the Tax year ending 05 Apr 2023) includes nothing in the breakdown section (basically only £0,00 against each item) What happens next? Is HMRC going to pay me the amount stated above? I have not received P800 or any other letter from HMRC. My account also states ''You have nothing to pay.'' Self-assessment submitted on 22nd May 2023. I have one income taxed through PAYE. It is incredibly confusing. Many thanks