Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Jul 2024 14:43:16 GMT by Curt Herzog
My calculation section on the HMRC account says: ''Total tax repayable to you for 2022-23 [£X,XXX.XX] HM Revenue and Customs will add this amount to your Self Assessment statement of account. It doesn't include any 2022 to 2023 payments on account you may have made or any other amounts outstanding. To help you to decide how much, if anything, to pay by the due date, check your Self Assessment account and use the information above until it transfers over.'' On the other hand, the Tax year overview section (for the Tax year ending 05 Apr 2023) includes nothing in the breakdown section (basically only £0,00 against each item) What happens next? Is HMRC going to pay me the amount stated above? I have not received P800 or any other letter from HMRC. My account also states ''You have nothing to pay.'' Self-assessment submitted on 22nd May 2023. I have one income taxed through PAYE. It is incredibly confusing. Many thanks
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2024 09:52:49 GMT by Muk LO
Hi HMRC Administrator, If self-assessment for tax return was submitted and payment also made for 2023-24 before the deadline, would it be possible to re-submit for rectification of an error which had caused overpayment and then get refund for the overpayment. Grateful for your advice.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 09:33:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Curt,
If you complete a Self Assessment tax return you will not receive a P800 as this is only issued if your records are reviewed through your PAYE records. If your Self Assessment calculation shows you have overpaid then once you sumbit your tax return it will then update and any credit will then be shown as available for repayment. 
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 10:23:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Muk LO,
You can amend the error by logging back into your return via your Personal Tax Account, and updating it with the correct information. The amount paid should then show as a credit on your account, which you can then claim as a refund.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 11:15:29 GMT by Curt Herzog
Hi HMRC Admin My self assessment was submitted on 22 May 2023 View calculation states I am due a refund but my tax account says nothing to pay and request a refund states no refund is due? Please explain Thanks
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 07:27:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Curt Herzog,
It's possible that the overpayment calculated has been applied against another amount due on your statement.
To allow us to confirm this, please contact us by webchat or phone  here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.