Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Foreign rental income enquiry

    Hi, I’m a UK resident. I have UK employ income £33,600 per tax year. On the other hand, I own a property in Hong Kong and have rental income £17,100. After deducing all property expenses, I paid £2,000 Hong Kong rental income tax already. My first question is that under Double Taxation Treaty, the £2,000 Hong Kong rental income tax I paid is counted in property expenses or should be deducted after my UK payable tax? My second question is that I need to pay £7,900 mortgage interest for my Hong Kong property. Is it a part of property expenses in UK? My third question is which form I should fill in? Thank you very much.