Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Second job tax

l have a question regarding when you have already current job with tax code 1257L, the income is more than £12,570 then when you start a second job, you have to fill a form, that is a HMRC form starter check list, you have to tick the appropriate box, first box is statement A: Current personal allowance This is my first job since 6 April and since the 6 April I have not received payments from any of the following: • Jobseeker’s Allowance • Employment and Support Allowance • Incapacity Benefit Statement B: Current personal allowance on a Week 1/Month 1 basis Since 6 April I have had another job but I do not have a P45. And/or since the 6 April I have received payments from any of the following: • Jobseeker’s Allowance • Employment and Support Allowance • Incapacity Benefit Statement C: I have another job and/or I am in receipt of a State, workplace or private pension. the question is, how can l change the current tax code, for second job and new job to be 1257L what is the statement B ?