Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Dual residence tax return

Hi, Thank you for the response. On top of the question above, I got few more. 1. When I looked it up for the dual resident. It stated below You can claim relief on the following types of income: interest from bank and building societies royalties most work pensions annuities UK dividends How about the work income? Does it not come under? 2. I did the residence tie-breaker test myself. Is there anyway to verify it’s correct? For example, despite I will be staying more than 186 days in the Netherlands and roughly 100 days in the UK. But I only have permanent home available to me in the UK as it’s rental property in the Netherlands. Thank you
  • RE: Double taxation Agreement

Hi, I have recently resided in both Netherlands ( more than 183 days) and the UK and have income solely from the UK. Despite spending most of time in the Netherlands, but when completing SRT, I don’t meet any automatic UK and oversea tests and the sufficient tie test indicated UK tax residents as I only have permanent home available for me in the UK. Is this correct? Despite spending most of time residing in the Netherlands in the rental home? If that’s the case, I normally complete my tax return as self-employed. Do I just do what I normally do? Or there’s other form I need to complete?
  • Dual residence tax return

Hi I have recently split my time reside in the UK and the Netherlands. I am self-employed with income source from UK only. The tie breaker rule indicated that the tax liability is the UK. I normally complete self-assessment via HMRC app. Do I have to complete any other forms to declare my situation to the Netherlands and the UK?