Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2024 12:58:15 GMT by j2565kimo
Hi I have recently split my time reside in the UK and the Netherlands. I am self-employed with income source from UK only. The tie breaker rule indicated that the tax liability is the UK. I normally complete self-assessment via HMRC app. Do I have to complete any other forms to declare my situation to the Netherlands and the UK?
Posted Thu, 05 Sep 2024 12:56:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 33
Hi,
As you are still classed as UK resident, then no you do not.
Thank you
Posted Thu, 05 Sep 2024 13:13:52 GMT by j2565kimo
Hi, Thank you for the response. On top of the question above, I got few more. 1. When I looked it up for the dual resident. It stated below You can claim relief on the following types of income: interest from bank and building societies royalties most work pensions annuities UK dividends How about the work income? Does it not come under? 2. I did the residence tie-breaker test myself. Is there anyway to verify it’s correct? For example, despite I will be staying more than 186 days in the Netherlands and roughly 100 days in the UK. But I only have permanent home available to me in the UK as it’s rental property in the Netherlands. Thank you
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2024 13:00:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
If your residence is showing you as UK then you need to declare your worldwide income.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.