Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• CGT + Computation sheets? All sent online with my SA100 tax return in one go?

Can I file all my tax return for 23/24 online in one filing - including all my CGT figures + the computation sheets? Or do I need to complete the SA108 form and send it separately from the self assessment form? Thanks. I know it might sound a rather stupid question but when you are doing things for the first time (even with all the help notes) the system feels daunting.
  • Old CGT registered losses. How long do they stay on HMRC files?

I have a fair number of Capital losses dating back some 20-30 years, which I registered with HMRC at the time. I have not done much share dealing since those days and therefore have not had to send in any capital gains pages with my tax return for quite a number of years. I now have begun to liquidate shares as I am now retired, and will need to use those losses to offset any capital gains on my share sales. I hope my next tax return filing will go smoothly, but is there anything I should be aware of regarding where on the return I should put the "old" losses? And will I need to re-prove/justify those loses to HMRC or will HMRC files still hold the information? Thanks in anticipation.