Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Form SA108 - Capital Gain Tax on residential property

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • RE: Form SA108 - Capital Gain Tax on residential property

Quote from the Capital Gains Tax summary notes:- Box 11 Total gains or losses on non-UK residential property or carried interest reported on Real Time Transaction returns If you’ve made returns using the ‘real time’ Capital Gains Tax service, put the overall gain or loss in box 11. If the result for the year was a loss, put a minus sign in the shaded box in front of your figure. These individual gains and losses will also need to be included within the box 6, box 7 and box 13 entries as necessary. Enter the reference numbers of any ‘real time’ Capital Gains Tax submissions made in box 54. End quote - It only mentioned about 'real time transaction', it doesn't say whether the relief has to be included on the gains/ losses from non-UK residential property or not. Is that mean the amount exclude the relief? Please advise.
  • RE: Form SA108

Questions on form SA108 Residential property Box 6, should put the net gain including the PRR? Box 11, mine was a non-UK residential property, should I put the total gain or the net gain including the PRR?
  • Form SA108 - Capital Gain Tax on residential property

I have sold the overseas main home 10 mths after moving to UK. Understand that I have partial PRR and need to report via form SA108. For box 6, should I put the total gain or net gain (including the relief)? For box 11, what should I input? Should I round up or down for all the amount input? Please confirm if I should use the monthly exchange rate obtained from the National Archives HMRC.