Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Tax on trading CFDs

I have a question similar . Can I carry over my CFD losses to the following year after which it was incurred in my self assesment. I run another business, will my CFD losses be claimed against my profits of both CFD and other business?Thanks
  • RE: Letter of confirmation of residence for tax purposes

Hi I recently applied for letter of residency. I assumed the period would cover the present tax year but i have just realised the period has been dated from the issue date. How can i get HMRC to reissue the letter to reflect covering a past period? Thanks
  • RE: Letter of confirmation of residence for tax purposes

Hello I am British National who works and live in the Uk. My wife and kid who are spanish have recently moved to live in spain. I still continue to live and work in the Uk and only visit spain. According to Spanish Law I am considered a tax resident even if I spend less than 183days a yr in Spain because they both live in Spain, unless I have a certificate of residency as advised. Considering I also don't have any foreign income, as I have seen in HMRC's previous responses, a letter of confirmation of residency is all that would be issued. Would this be sufficient enough to prove to the tax authorities my tax residency status in the Uk? Am I at this point also considered a dual resident and do I have to wait to be contacted by the authorities before I can apply for the certificate or letter of confirmation? Please can you advise as appropriate Many Thanks