Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Pension from Hong Kong

    Hi there, I have a question about Self Assessment, would you help me out please ? I am a BNO holder, I am retired. My spouse is a retired Civil Servant, we moved to the United Kingdom in July 2023. My spouse receive monthly pension from Hong Kong Government. Under Article 17 of Double Taxation Tready between UK and HK , the pension from Hong Kong is only taxable in Hong Kong only. Does he need to file the Self Assessment Tax Return if he remits the money from Hong Kong's Bank into United Kingdom? Thank you very much.
  • Tax Resident

    Hi, My spouse and me are holder of BNO Visa for Hong Kong people, we have arrived in the UK on July 2023. My son rent apartment on Sept 2022 , he and his family had arrived in UK on Oct 2022. My spouse and me have permission to live in that apartment because we are the permitted occupier on the Tenency Agreement. I would like to know if we lived in that apartment over than 30 days , we will become a Tax Resident , am I right ? I would greatly appreciate to receiving your reply. Thank you for your kind attention.