Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Self assessment UTR

Hi. I have submitted the self assessment and got a UTR number recently. Today I got a letter from HMRC to remind me to submit my tax returns. However, my stay is too short to submit the tax returns and I do not need to submit tax returns for the tax year 2022-2023. Sorry that I could not reach your team  Sorry that I cannot reach your team by email either. Shall I ignore the mentioned letter or shall I do anything to follow up, please? Many thanks.
  • RE: wrong tax code

Hi. I have submitted the self assessment and got a UTR number recently. Today I got a letter from HMRC to remind me to submit my tax returns. However, my stay is too short to submit the tax returns and I do not need to submit tax returns for the tax year 2022-2023. Sorry that I could not reach your team by . Sorry that I cannot reach your team by email either. Shall I ignore the mentioned letter or shall I do anything to follow up, please? Many thanks.
  • Starting Date

Hi. Please advise if we become U.K. tax residents on 31 Aug 2023, then we have to submit our tax returns in the tax year of 2023-2024. Is it then the income generated only from 01 Sept 2023 to 05 April 2024 will then be included? Thank you very much.
  • In Transition

Please advise for a non- U.K. domicile but a U.K. tax resident only in 2023-2024. Will have stayed in the U.K. for 183 days at the end of July 2023. Before the end of July 2023, will there be any difference in making a transfer of fund over £2000.00 from overseas into a local bank account with remittance basis or arising basis when submitting tax return in October 2024?Thank you very much.