Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Reimbursement for charged personal belongings (transfer of residence)

Hello, good morning. I moved from Germany to the UK on 2nd of August for work and I sent my personal belongings by mail. Parcel Force charged me customs charges for every parcel, said I had to pay or they would sent them back to Germany, and said I could ask for reimbursement later. In the meantime, I filled in the ToR1 request, got the approval letter, and I am now going to proceed with the reimbursement request (BOR286). I have a few questions regarding this, please: 1) When I applied to the ToR1, I declared that I had parcels arriving in the UK both on 2nd of August (Friday) and on 5th of August (Monday). However, the approval letter only mentions 2nd of August. Do I need to request an amended version, or would the current one suffice, since the parcels arriving on 5th of August were also declared in the request I submitted? 2) I sent the parcels from Germany to get them myself in the UK, but the recipient name for delivery was my cousin's, since I spent a couple of days in his house after arriving in the UK. Given that, can I fill the BOR286 directly in my name as the "importer", since it is a transfer of (my) residence? 3) The form BOR286 says I must include "customs black and white charge labels" for breakdown of charges, but I don't have them. I had access to the breakdown of charges via the ParcelForce website using the parcel's charge reference, but I just tested it again and they don't allow me to access it after paying the charges. Before I got the ToR1 Approval Letter, the boxes were disposed of in the moving process from my cousin's house to my new flat. How can I proceed? In this case, is it ok to submit without the charge labels? 4) Moreover, the BOR286 says I must include "invoice or receipt or other evidence of value (such as eBay page or PayPal receipt) of the goods". Does that also apply to personal belongings in a transfer of residence? 5) Do I need to fill one BOR286 for each parcel, or can I submit one form for all parcels, with their charge references on a separate sheet?