Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: VAT details been hacked

Hi. Just found out that HMRC has paid my vat repayment to an another (fraud) account a day after I told them the bank account details had been changed and after they put a block on all repayments. Haven’t heard nothing back off them for 3 months. Will HMRC pay me the money I’m due? Unbelievable.
  • RE: VAT details been hacked

I have tried this number 10 times and spoke to people but no help. Nobody has come back to me to tell me what’s going on. I’ve made a complaint and still no reply through a phone call or email. The whole system is shambolic. Can you give me an email address for complaints please.
  • VAT details been hacked

3 months ago I had a letter from HMRC saying that my VAT account details had been changed. When I phoned them up we realised that my bank details had been changed. Also other details had been changed and I couldn’t get access to my online VAT services through my government gateway. Luckily they put a block on my account to stop my vat repayment landing in some fraudsters bank account. I been on the phone nearly weekly for the past 3 months trying to get updates but had nothing back off them. HMRC haven’t contacted me with any updates. How do I sort this out? VAT helpline can’t help as it’s been investigated in an another department. HELP