Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 01 Jul 2024 20:39:42 GMT by David
3 months ago I had a letter from HMRC saying that my VAT account details had been changed. When I phoned them up we realised that my bank details had been changed. Also other details had been changed and I couldn’t get access to my online VAT services through my government gateway. Luckily they put a block on my account to stop my vat repayment landing in some fraudsters bank account. I been on the phone nearly weekly for the past 3 months trying to get updates but had nothing back off them. HMRC haven’t contacted me with any updates. How do I sort this out? VAT helpline can’t help as it’s been investigated in an another department. HELP
Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2024 08:41:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
Unfortunately we cannot check any details on this platform please contact the helpline and request they escalate this for you thier telephone number is 0300 200 3700.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 04 Jul 2024 15:07:09 GMT by David
I have tried this number 10 times and spoke to people but no help. Nobody has come back to me to tell me what’s going on. I’ve made a complaint and still no reply through a phone call or email. The whole system is shambolic. Can you give me an email address for complaints please.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2024 09:09:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi David,
We do apologise that nobody has been able to resolve this for you. If you have made a complaint you will receive a response unfortunately we do not have a timescale for this.  There is no email address for complaints.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 11 Jul 2024 22:32:02 GMT by David
Hi. Just found out that HMRC has paid my vat repayment to an another (fraud) account a day after I told them the bank account details had been changed and after they put a block on all repayments. Haven’t heard nothing back off them for 3 months. Will HMRC pay me the money I’m due? Unbelievable.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.