Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• It says my personal allowance is £12,570 yet I’m still getting taxed and my tax code is 740tx?

Hello I was wondering why does it say my personal allowance is £12,570 yet I’m still getting taxed and why is my tax code 740tx not 1257 ?
  • Is my tax code 740tx correct ?

Hi I earn 443.20 before tax a week (11.08 a hour x 40 hours) yet I’m getting taxed £60 income tax and £20.12 NI is this right?
  • Why is my tax code 740t ?

Hello I was wondering why did my tax code go to that from 1060L?? And it’s now deducting student loan deductions ??
  • Why is my tax code still 196t?

Hi I was dismissed from job on November 8 how ever I managed to get a new job by let’s say November 20th … I received around 5 payslips since then all with that tax code (my previous tax code before this was 1296t) I discovered around late December after signing on to the HRMC website this was due to the fact that the government still thought I was working two jobs … so I phoned the previous company’s and they said that I will have to wait a week and they will give me a P45 (it took more then a week) . When I checked the website it said that I left that job in December 16 which is clearly a lie . So I was wondering what are my options ? Do I phone HRMC and get my tax refund? And what can I do about my previous company lying that I still worked there?
  • Why is my tax code 196t ?

Hi I have been told “The code 196T means you can earn £1960 over the tax year at that employment before you pay tax.” Yet I’m being taxed so much (£80) so only taking £330 home.
  • What does the tax code 196t mean?

Hi I have started a job and they told me they have been notified by the government to put me on this tax code?
  • Is my tax code corrrect ?

Hi I just started a new job my first pay slip was on November 22 . I got paid approx £103 but they £20 off tax for me so I was left with roughly £80 . My tax code was 0T . I received now my other payslip . I earnt approx £443 but was taxed £80 which left me approx with £335 . My tax code has now been moved to 196t. I was wondering if that is right? Especially considering we only have like 5 months of the tax year left . Also I do have a second job but I work only one day a week and earn approx 180-200 pound a month from it .. if that makes a difference? Kind regards