Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Gift (cash) from HK

Q1: My mom give me cash gift for buying a house while she is still a non-domicile outside uk, will there be any inheritance tax imposed (in case of her deceased) if she came to uk soon afterwards by BNO visa (with 7 years rule). Q2: If my mum come to uk to live with me(the house that i use her money to buy), will it be “benefit from assest” and she be charged of iht later on? Q3: If she came to uk with visa and then try to sell her property overseas, according to the new proposal of cgt (new immgrants have to sell their properties overseas within 4 years to avoid tax), she will need to pay cgt according the original buying price many years ago or the property price in mid 2019?
  • RE: Cash gift from parents outside UK

Q1: My mom give me cash gift for buying a house while she is still a non-domicile outside uk, will there be any inheritance tax imposed (in case of her deceased) if she came to uk soon afterwards by BNO visa (with 7 years rule). Q2: If she came to uk with visa and then try to sell her property overseas, according to the new proposal of cgt (new immgrants have to sell their properties overseas within 4 years to avoid tax), she will need to pay cgt according the original buying price many years ago or the property price in mid 2021?