Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Living in Spain and working remotely for UK based company

Ok, thank you for your response. Lastly, I would like to understand more about the timing: assuming I want to move to Spain in September, and then become liable for tax from September, when (what month) do I need to provide you with the P85 from to ensure I will not be taxed in the UK and that in September I'll receive my before tax salary? After a period of time (say one year), when I decide to return to the UK, within the same employment, what is the process? Thank you! Kind regards Lukasz

Thank you! However this didn't really answer my question. I'll rephrase: My employer and I pay for my employment. Whereas I understand I'd be liable for tax in Spain in not sure whether this will be also applicable to my employer? Or will I receive more than a before tax including my employers portion (contribution to the employment) of the employment costs (to pay them in Spain)? Lastly what with national insurance/social security? Will this be paid in the UK from my employment or on Spain? What are the deduction from my before tax in such circumstances? Thanks! KR Lukasz

Thank you for your response! There's one more thing I need to clarify: while living in Spain, but being employed by a UK based company which does not operate in Spain (is not a tax entity), will I become liable for my own tax only or would I need to cover other deductions from my salary before tax? Where will social security/National Insurance be paid? Lastly, can you advise on the tax level in Spain? Thank you for your help!

Name removed admin  .
  • Living in Spain and working remotely for UK based company

Hi, Where and how would I need to pay the tax when living in Spain (under Digital Nomad) and work remotely for UK based employer? Will I not loose my UK residency status (I do not have UK passport, I'm the EU citizen). Thank you!