Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Incorrect P45

My pension provider has issued an incorrect P45 showing that I received £50 more than I did. They have also reported the incorrect figure directly to HMRC. They say they can't issue a correct P45 but have sent a letter which includes the right figures. How do I get this changed?
  • P50Z - mistake in completion?

I emptied a pension pot and as advised by the pensions company, I filled in a P50Z as I have no PAYE income as finished my job in September 2023 and just have a small amount of self-employed income. There was a question about whether I had earned any self employed income since stopping work so I included the amount earned since September 2023 - but does this just mean this tax year? If so I have completed this incorrectly. I'm also unclear about the do not submit within 4 weeks of stopping work guidance - I thought that meant finishing my job but does it mean since getting the pension? I do I communicate with HMRC about the form?
  • Tax on FSAVC withdrawal

I have c£18k in a Free Standing AVC and I want to withdraw all of it in one go in the 2024/25 tax year. I have been told that HMRC will assume that this is a monthly withdrawal rather than a one off and will tax me on the basis of having an income of c£200k per annum. Is that really true and if so how do I claim the tax back? I will only have a self-employed income of less than £5k in that tax year.