Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• A1 Certificate renewal

Hi. I have a valid A1 certificate which expired next year. Will I be able to renew it when it nears expiry? I know i will be paying tax overseas by then, but wasnt sure if the A1 can be renewed. I'm keen to keep up my NI contributions in the UK as I still have a good few years before retirement! Thanks in advance
  • RE: Applying Digital Nomad Scheme but still PAYE employee

Hello. Please can you assist. I am applying for the DNV in Spain. I have all my paperwork together, (including my A1 certificate). I need my employers to provide me with the letter which states that my job can be done remotely, but they are reluctant to do so at the moment. This is because their accountants have advised that they need to set up a payroll in Spain in order to pay me. My understanding is that this advice is incorrect, and that my employers continue to pay me as normal until I get the NT tax code, and I will then pay tax in Spain. Am I correct? The DNV requires me to be employed by a UK company, so I am unsure where the accountants are getting their information from. Thanks in advance.