Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: How to view my 2022/23 tax return

Hi, Thanks for the information. My return has been fully submitted and I've paid the taxes owed from it. I can follow these steps on my account until 'View Return'. I don't see this button anywhere on my page! What shall I try next? Many thanks
  • How to view my 2022/23 tax return

The student loans company have requested my 2022/23 tax return. I have tried to find this on my personal tax account by going Self Assessment>More details about your Self Assessment returns and payments and clicking the relevant year under 'previously filed returns'. No documents appear when I do this, how can I access my return?
  • Split year treatment and seafaring

Hi, I was living in Canada on a 2 year working holiday visa, where I worked in construction, but moved back to the UK on October 1st 2022. Since then I have been employed as a seafarer, working outside of the UK. I believe that I qualify for split year treatment under case 4- Starting to have a home in the UK only. I am unsure how to fill some parts of my return as I am unsure if I need to fill them for the Canadian and UK parts of the year, or just the UK part of the year. So far these parts are: Days worked more than 3hrs overseas- do I include my time at sea after I had moved back to the UK? Do I need to fill in the details of my Canadian employer even though I shouldn't be taxed on this due to split year treatment? Many thanks